Thursday 7 November 2013

ASSIGNMENT 5- ORIGINAL WORK

PHOTOGRAPHS INSPIRED BY VEE SPEERS


FACTUAL: This is a photograph that I have taken myself of my best friend Beth. This is my interpretation of a photograph created by Vee Speers. In Speer’s photo, she uses a girl with slightly longer hair, a completely plain white background and a pair of scissors at the bottom of the plat. However I have made mine slightly different in that she is wearing a different outfit, her hair is shorter, the backdrop has small circles on it, and she is using her hands as a replacement for the scissors.

CONTEXT: This photograph is set in a house, or could be studio, using a white backdrop with small blending circles in it. The color in her hair and clothes show good contrast so that the whole photo isn’t all in white. This photo fits in well with Vee Speer’s ‘The Birthday Party’ and ‘Thirteen’ albums.

TECHNICAL: This photograph taken by a digital SLR camera ‘Nikon D3100’ with an 18-55mm lense. The scenery is a plain white backdrop. The lighting wasn't a very big part of this photograph; however I did use a flash that was pointing towards her hands when I took this.



AESTHETIC: I really love this photograph because I love Vee Speers original, and I love my own interpretation even more. It is one of my favorites of the photographs I took, because it works so well as a picture, and really ties in with the other albums. I especially love how her hands almost look intertwined around the bottom of her plat and her hair is shiny where the light has hit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment